One issue I have been running into is not adding my facebook/meetup events onto my phone. I then miss these events or forget until the last minute. I thought there must be a way to automate this and after a bit of tinkering I got it to work.
I am on an iPhone that uses Google Calendar as it’s calendar provider. I assume that the steps will be the same for any device that supports Google Calendar:
- Click events on the left
- click export events
- copy the url
- login to google calendar
- under other calendars click “add by url”
- paste in the url for your fb calendar
- On the main page click the “add to” right above the calendar
- Click the Google Calendar icon
- It will open up the google calendar website and prompt you to add it
Once this is done the calendars did not appear on my phone. Some people posted to add them by visiting: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect which did nothing for me.
After a bit more reading I found that if I opened http://m.google.com/sync on my phone I could check off the calendars I wanted to snyc and viola there they were.